7 Tips for Better Sleep
- Wind down. Allow an hour of quiet time at night before bed — with no TV, computer, or vigorous exercise. Try meditation or stretching to help your body relax.
- Evaluate your environment. Are you trying to sleep in a room that’s too cold, hot, noisy or bright? Try extra blankets, a soothing fan, ear plugs, an eye mask, or whatever it takes to make you comfy. Be sure your bed and pillow are supporting your spine and head properly, too.
- Limit liquids. Stop drinking beverages a couple of hours before you go to bed, and you’ll reduce the need to wake up and stumble to the bathroom during the night.
- Avoid stimulants. Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine can keep you awake hours after you use them. A “nightcap” is not a good sleep inducer, because alcohol can cause your blood sugar to plummet hours later.
- Monitor your meds. If you take medications for pain, colds, allergies or other conditions, they may have side-effects that can backfire and steal your sleep. Be sure to check the drug label or fact sheet if you suspect a problem.
- Nix to noshing. If you eat a large meal too close to bedtime, it can affect your sleep quality. And even a small amount of certain foods, like dark chocolate or spicy-hot snacks, can affect people with sensitivities or heartburn.
- Be prepared. Even occasional sleeplessness is well worth avoiding, so having helpful supplements on hand is a smart decision
us your story!
Village Green Apothecary, it is our passion to inspire
individuals in their pursuit of healthy living. We'd like to hear
how healthy living has improved your lifestyle and allowed you to
pursue your hobbies, your goals, or even your mission in life. If
you have an inspirational or motivational story that will help others,
we invite you to share your experience. Each month, we will feature
a different customer’s story in our newsletter.
Here are a few suggestions that may help you tell us your story ...
- Tell us a little about yourself
... your family, whether you live with children or pets.
- What health challenges have you
been faced with?
- How has your life been affected?
- Were you having trouble finding
the answers you needed?
- Were existing products failing
to meet your needs?
- How did Village Green help you
with your problem?
- How has Village Green helped
you to improve your health?
- What advice and encouragement
would you give to others facing
health challenges, or even those who are healthy?
We'd love to hear from you.
Click here to send us your story
(please include "My Story" in the subject line of your email)
Please know that we may select your story and photo to be posted in our newsletter or on our website. We may also contact you to use any or all of your story in other Village Green Apothecary marketing campaigns. We will share only your story and your first name, not your last name or email address. By submitting your story you are consenting to this usage agreement.
Many thanks for your participation, your thoughts and time!